The Temporary Campus Store Cashier serves as a customer service contact to help ensure student, faculty and staff bookstore needs are met. The Temporary Campus Store Cashier uses a point of sale register to process sales in a timely, accurate and efficient manner; receipts money, checks, credit/debit cards, gift certificates and financial aid payments and reconciles their cash drawer to prepare a balanced bank deposit. He/She assists with receiving, pricing and merchandising store items and maintains the store in a neat, clean and orderly manner. This position is seasonal and hours will vary.
· High School Diploma or equivalency required
· One year job related experience in a retail, customer service environment preferred
· Exhibits excellent customer service skills with the ability to provide information about the store, services and location of merchandise
· Ability to work with automated and manual accounting/records systems
· Exhibits analytical and problem solving ability that includes the ability to exercise good judgement in making decisions and to identify alternative courses of action based on area of responsibility
· Experience in merchandising and organizing in a small size, high volume retail store preferred
· Proficient use of the ten-key calculator, computers and POS cash registers as well as other standard office equipment
· Ability to interpret and apply college-wide and system-wide policies and procedures, federal, state and local regulations/guidelines as it pertains to service area
· Knowledge of basic math skills to accurately provide change, reconcile cash drawer and balance reports
· Ability to keep detailed records in an organized manner and to maintain an appropriate level of documentation for audit reviews
· Ability to display high levels of accuracy and trustworthiness in processing large volumes of monies/negotiable instruments while securing proper student information and appropriate endorsements
Guilford Technical Community College offers more than 80 programs of study and continues to support success through innovative education, training and partnerships. The college offers associate degrees, diplomas and certificates as well as noncredit courses in professional development, personal enrichment, job training, career development and basic education. As the third largest of 58 community colleges in the North Carolina Community College System, GTCC serves more than 40,000 students annually from its Jamestown, Greensboro, High Point, Aviation and Donald W. Cameron campuses as well as its Small Business Center in Greensboro and High Point.
BACK TO TOP
NACS Career Opportunities is Just One of the Benefits.
Discover what else NACS Membership has to offer!
The job you are trying to reach from was originally posted at NACS Career Opportunities.