The General Buyer, Drago College Store, West Plains purchases and maintains inventory control various goods for sale and determines the right amount of goods needed by checking turnover, present inventory, and open to buy amount. The General Buyer, Drago College Store, West Plains assists with general store security and daily operations. The General Buyer, Drago College Store, West Plains assists with processing departmental, vocational rehabilitation, veterans, athletics, residence assistants, Financial Aid, and Financial Services charges. The General Buyer, Drago College Store, West Plains helps to plan and implement various store promotions. The General Buyer, Drago College Store, West Plains provides quality customer service, processes returns on goods, and resolves shortages and incorrect billing.
Description of Primary Duties:
1. Ensures an appropriate supply of merchandise by purchasing and maintaining inventory control goods for sale.
2. Contributes to the overall efficiency of the Drago College Store's daily operations through supervision of daily receipts, general store security, processing invoices, and processing departmental, vocational rehabilitation, veterans, athletics, residence assistants, Financial Aid, and Financial Services charges.
3. Assists in maintaining a profitable bookstore operation by pricing merchandise and markups.
4. Assures that shelves are stocked with in demand items in proper quantities by reviewing catalogs, evaluating new products, talking with vendors, checking enrollment figures as needed, and working with faculty and campus staff to determine needs for their classes or departments.
5. Supports the overall operation of the bookstore by participating in the annual storewide inventory, the end of semester textbook inventory, assisting with buyback periods, and shipping books to students.
6. Assists customers on a daily basis in providing customer service and sales floor and front line counter service support.
7. Maintains competency in current skills and develops new skills as the job requires by attending training and/or courses as required by the Bookstore Manager.
8. Contributes to a work environment that encourages knowledge of, respect for, and development of skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds.
9. Contributes to the success of the Drago College Store by performing other duties as required.
Minimum Acceptable Qualifications:
Education/Experience: At least forty-five hours of college credit and two years of buying and inventory control experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience are required.
Skills: Familiarity with computer applications such as word processing and spreadsheet applications are required. A commitment to working with diverse student and community populations is required. The ability to develop knowledge of, respect for, and skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds is required.
Effort: This position occasionally moves boxes of books and supplies weighing up to fifty pounds.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
The first date of consideration is August 9, 2019, and review of applications will continue until the position is filled.
Official transcripts will be required at the time of hire.
Do you value every voice and every opinion?Are you inspired to create a better future for yourself and others?Are you ready to make a difference?If so, Missouri State has a place for youMissouri State University is a public, comprehensive university system with a mission in public affairs. Our purpose is to develop fully educated persons with a focus on ethical leadership, cultural competence and community engagement.•Enrollment of 26,000 students who come from around the state and the world.•Four-campus system: Springfield, Mo., West Plains and Mountain Grove, Mo., and Dalian, China. •Students’ average ACT score above national average •Strong commitment to both teaching and research •More than 190 undergraduate options; 90 graduate options •Located in Springfield, third-largest city in state; known for beautiful outdoors, friendly people, superior health care, excellent public schools, and a variety of entertainment and cultural opportunities.Missouri State is committed to benefiting our surrounding communities. We want to create the next generation of citizen leaders through an unrivaled educational experience that emphasizes a commitment to public affairs. With a campus c...ommunity filled with diverse perspectives, voices and opinions, Missouri State is fulfilling its commitment to address the needs of a changing society. We are a community of forward-thinking teachers, learners and leaders.We cultivate students of character who enter the workforce as well-rounded professionals and honest, confident individuals. We believe in innovation, bringing fresh, relevant ideas to our area.We are dedicated to enriching our city and region, whether through cultural offerings, research and scholarly endeavors, internship programs or the development of facilities that serve a broader community beyond our campus borders.When you work at Missouri State, you tap into a network of leaders with an appreciation for big-picture thinking and a continual desire to address the professional, personal and societal needs of our changing region. There's no limit to the statement we can make together.
BACK TO TOP
NACS Career Opportunities is Just One of the Benefits.
Discover what else NACS has to offer!
The job you are trying to reach from was originally posted at NACS Career Opportunities.